Friday, August 17, 2012

Philosophies from Me

“A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.”

 

Robert Heinlein 

 

 

This is one of my favorite quotes of all time.  It sums up what this blog should be about.  I will discuss everything that I think a 21st century renaissance man should know and be.  If you are offended by candid discussions of God and Jesus Christ, right-wing politics, guns, hunting, fishing and self sufficiency, you will most likely be offended by this blog.  If not, then please continue reading.  I will attempt to blog on a weekly basis, sometimes more often, sometimes less often.  It all just depends on what happens during the week.  


I decided to write this blog after several discussions I had with a good friend of mine about the new breed of renaissance man.  In this day and age, I think it is very important to not only be able keep up with current events, but to also rediscover how our fore-fathers survived in this great land.  I'm not a doomsday prepper, I don't believe that our great nation will fall within our lifetimes (I could be wrong, lots of things can happen that I can't predict).  I believe that God has a plan for each of us individually, and for our nation as a whole.  


I am a programmer by trade, and I love the great outdoors.  I love to fish, I love to hunt, I love to garden, and I love to learn  more about all these tasks.  If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.  I will do my best to answer.  If there are topics you wish to learn more about, and if I find them interesting enough, I will research them and blog about them.  I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I enjoy writing about all the things I learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment